This book teaches young readers to pronounce words with short vowels by sounding them out and recognizing whole words in context.
- Leap (debut)
- Lily (debut)
- Tad (debut)
- Mrs. Frog (mentioned by Lily, but does not appear)
- The Narrator (voice only)
Leap has the fix that would work: “The egg would splat. The mix would spill. The jet would zip. The jug would drop. The claw will lift your tooth off!” Leap works on his new invention - “The Tooth Plucker”.
Lil might be afraid that she heard Mom calling.
When the invention goes crazy, there was a lot of chaos, but Lil sneezed her tooth out, so it all worked, thanks to the boys and - well, of course - Lil.
When Lil asked Leap to help her with another loose tooth, Leap is happy to help her anytime.
A lily pad icon is at the bottom of the page to play a game.
- Pages 6-7 and 12 are removed in A Collection from the LeapPad Library. The 1999 version has the complete story (all 12 pages in the interactive book).
- This is the only time that Leap said a word in German ("Gesundheit!" meaning "health").
- This is the first book to have Zachary 'Zac' Schuman do Leap, Kelsey Lally do Lily and Blake Marggraff do Tad.
- The UK version had Leap to say the more common "Bless you!" instead of "Gesundheit!".
- When Tad says "Want me to glue it back on?", the phrase that he said was for fun only; the goof is that teeth cannot be glued back into the mouth.
- Moral: If you need any help, always call on your family or friends.
- The UK version has the first book using the debut of Susan Sheridan doing Leap and Emma Tate doing Lily and Tad.
- To not confuse the players reading this, if in the Great Britain, the UK version uses the word "super", replacing "swell" (original USA version), which is a synonym to that.
- This book introduces or marks the debuts of the Frog kids: Leap, Lily and Tad.
|Leap Into Learning|
|Lil's Loose Tooth | Excerpts from Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever (At the Playground | Parts of the Body) | Disney's A Sweet Good Morning | Our Town Band (Sections of the Band | All Together Now: Percussion, Brass, and Woodwind Sections) | Leap Into... (The United States of America | The Human Skeleton | Things We Do at Home | The Paper Piano)|